12 August 2014

NEARBY TRAVELS


There are so many beautiful places in the world. From the spiralling staircases of castles and cathedrals that are scattered around the cities of Germany to the white blasted beaches of Australia. I want to visit all of the beautiful places I possibly can before my time is up. I have a serious urge for travel and I feel because of my young age I am somewhat restricted. As soon as the balance between age, money and commitments levels out in my life, I want to be able to start my travels.

I live in England which is an exquisite country but I feel like as of late, I haven't been appreciating the unique beauty of my local isle enough. I live in the North, the North East to be precise, and my closest city is Durham. I like Durham because of it's vintage feel and the architecture of our most famous landmark - Durham Cathedral. Durham Cathedral was built in the 11th century, which I find quite marvellous, it is the home to the tomb of St Cuthbert (shoutout to any religious history fans out there!) and three copies of the Magna Carta can be found deep within it's library.



I recently paid a visit to Durham with my friend Frances, and after a good explore and impromptu picture taking session within the Cathedral's gardens and courtyards; we had a well needed catchup over a cup of tea and a slice of cake in a lovely little cafe nestled between a charity shop and a gift shop. It was a lovely day and I really felt like this vist enriched my appreciation for my local city.

I can't wait to explore the world, but the first step is going to be exploring my home country. This weekend, I'm going to London which I am so excited about. London is one of my favourite cities! I love the vibe of the whole city and I'd love to live there. But first things first, I'm going to explore my local environment.

London, last year. You can tell I love phone boxes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin